Amgen appoints Mattel’s Robert Eckert to Board of directors
Biotech firm Amgen has announced the appointment of Robert Eckert, former chief executive officer at Mattel, to its Board of directors.
Eckert will serve on the Audit and Corporate Responsibility and Compliance Committees for the firm. Following the appointment of Eckert and previously announced retirement of Kevin Sharer, the Board from the new year will be comprised of 14 directors, 13 of whom are independent.
"We are pleased to welcome Bob Eckert to the Amgen Board. Bob has significant experience and a superb track record of leading global companies during a long and successful career," said Robert Bradway, chief executive at Amgen who has himself just been appointed as chair of the Board of directors for the firm.
- Phase III study confirms similarity of Herceptin biosimilar from Amgen, Allergan
- Amgen agrees deal to commercialise biosimilars in Japan with Daiichi Sankyo
- US FDA committee recommends approval for Amgen's biosimilar of AbbVie's Humira
- FDA approves single monthly injection of Amgen’s Repatha
- Coherus BioSciences says Neulasta biosimilar shows positive topline results; shares jump